Sunday, July 17, 2005

 
My Meeting With Dusty

So, after my son's little league playoff game yesterday, Cub manager Dusty Baker watched his son's.

He pulled up on his wicked Harley. I caught him immediately and asked if he would sign a paper for my son who was already gone. He saw me in my coache's shirt and cap and asked if we'd won our game.

I told him that we did not have our best player who missed half the season for family events like visiting his sister at camp and thus we lost.

Then I asked him how he would feel if Derick Lee told him he would miss every other game for family weddings. He responded "I could see how that would be a problem".

Very nice and charming. Signed for the kids for around 10 minutes until he had to excuse himself to watch his son's game.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]