Wednesday, October 22, 2003

 
Denial

I thought the biggest group in denial were the dwarves running for president on the Democratic side of the fence.

But we have a new ostrich herd. Are ostriches a herd? Coven? Gaggle? Whatever.

TV executives are in denial that they are losing droves of viewers. Amongst the excuses;

Nielsen is using the wrong people.
Nielsen isn't measuring people with dishes which are high tv usage folks.

Here's a thought.

YOUR SHOWS SUCK!!!!!!

Ratings are down because there's nothing to watch. Granted I've been busy with baseball until last week. But I don't know of any show I'd watch. I gave up Friends a couple years ago. For the first time since I watched the Brady Bunch at age 7, I don't have a comedy I watch religiously.

And I was an NBC thursday guy all the way back before Cosby showed up on the network. I was watching Family Ties and Cheers in 82 or 83. Whenever they started.

Stop giving us the Bachelor and go make a new Seinfeld, Cheers or Cosby. Duh.

In the meantime the 22 yr olds will drink beer and play Play Station in lieu of your garbage.

Carry on.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]