Wednesday, September 03, 2003

 
I knew it was lost.....and then I saw him walking across Lake Michigan in a Harley jacket with perfectly coiffed hair. The late summer sun glistened off the protective shell coating. It made the afternoon unexpectedly hot (didn't everybody overdress yesterday for work?). One can only surmise what it did to the ozone layer, although I'm sure he'll fix that problem after the baseball season. The sunglasses hid his eyes. The better for mere mortals not to see what goes on behind the human looking eyeballs for it's beyond our explanation and comprehension.

Da Coach climbed into the box to sing the 7th inning melody. And both I and the Wrigely denizens were bathed in a soothing serenity. I swear I'm not exaggerating when I say that the glow he emitted through my TV levitated my sofa. And yet I wasn't scared for I was with him.

It was un-canny how instantaneously the cub batsman got lightening like batspeed. Except for Sammy of course. He's the anti Coach.

And as he left the booth he took the souls of the Cardinals along with their pitching arms as a sacrifice. And I'm not talking about the bunting kind of sacrifice.

He's Mark Prior with better hair.

God Bless America.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]